Love Endures All Things

Hello sweet friends. Just a quick update to let you know our family is well. We were saddened by my father's unexpected passing, but not overcome. Though we were surprised, Sovereign God knew when daddy would take his last breath from the moment he was knit in his mother's womb. 

I have peace he was not alone. From my time near the veil, I know Jesus' forehead was pressed against my daddy's and He ushered him through the shadow into heaven. The night he fell ill, I was driving through the night, praying part of Psalm 23 

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort and console me. 

At 4:20am I looked at the clock, noted the time, and knew daddy was with the Lord. My mom called at that moment to confirm what the Holy Spirit had already told me. When I arrived at my parent's home, I told her I was praying these specific words from Psalm 23 and she said she had gone to her Bible, frantic for comfort as she waited for word on daddy, and had read these same scriptures. How sweet is God. 

The peace of God is so deep and it's truly a gift from God. On Tuesday, September 7, I was thanking God for setting my heart on firm ground, and He told me He had done so because hard days were ahead. Little did I know my daddy would go to the Lord in the early hours of September 9. 

I will forever marvel at the love, grace, kindness, and mercy of God.
(shared poem written by my daddy at end of this post)

Wednesday was our 19th wedding anniversary. Our dear friend, Brandon, treated us to dinner at Bottles & Bones in Suwanee. Over dinner, I told Scott Kevin Hoyle this was my favorite year of marriage. Though it had ALL the hard things, we became so vulnerable with each other. Though our hearts have always been open to one another, there was a bit we each held back, thinking we were sparing the other from being burdened. 

This year we truly lived out 1 Corinthians 13:7 (AMPC), Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things [remaining steadfast during difficult times], endures all things [without weakening]. When life pressed in, we pressed into God and each other. Forever grateful for the gift of my Scott. His love mirrors Gods heart - it never fails 💕

When My Race Is Run, by Richard Sentelle

When my race is run and my rest is begun
And my body lies in final repose,
Then my soul will heed the angels’ “Godspeed”
And I will know the sweet grace Heaven bestows. 

When Christ calls me home to the foot of His Throne
And I bask in the warmth of His Glory,
Then I will begin the sweet journey without end
In service to the author of my story. 

When first I stand beneath Heaven’s angel band
And my feet touch the streets of pure gold,
Then my soul will sing while the angels wing
O’er the splendor the prophets foretold. 

When God says, “Well done, good and faithful son”
And my soul hears all Heaven’s adulation,
Then I will proclaim Hallelujahs to God’s name
Sung with never-ending praise and adoration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Home, His Glory

Never Undone

Let Love Guide {the beginning}