Under the Shadow

When I remember You on my bed, I meditate and thoughtfully focus on You in the night watches. For You have been my help, And in the shadow of Your wings [where I am always protected] I sing for joy. My soul [my life, my very self] clings to You; Your right hand upholds me. (Psalm 63:6-8) 

This past year, I've learned complete surrender to God and His will. He is sovereign and His plans are greater than we could hope or imagine. I've also accepted His plan rarely looks as we would write or even desire. But I trust His heart, His plan, and His great love for my family. 

Mama has received news her triple negative breast cancer has returned and metastasized. She will begin chemotherapy tomorrow (Thursday, October 21). They will image her after two months to see if it's helping slow disease progression. It's not a cure, just palliative. Her oncologist said it's expected to extend her life by 7-12 months. 

But God ... 

Even though we are devastated and weary, we are not without hope. Though we praise and trust God, we are deeply grieved. This year continues to intertwine grief and joy. And again, I see all the ways God has gone before, preparing my heart for this moment. 

Following Jesus means going where He leads and entrusting those we love to God, who loves us more. Practicing surrender, trust, clinging, repeat (with mourning intermingled). 

Please join  us in praying against the spirit of fear, for mama's body to respond favorably to treatment, for God's peace to cover her like a blanket, and of course, for complete healing. Above all, we pray God's will be done and trust He will help us accept what He allows. 

Singing this song by Laura Hackett on repeat. 

Our family story is one God is writing and our only prayer is, "May it be as you desire." In the brokenness, in the rewriting, in the surrender, is fullness of joy and unshakeable peace. 💕 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Home, His Glory

Never Undone

Let Love Guide {the beginning}