Let Love Guide {the beginning}

This is it ... after a year of praying {many starts/stops}, a miracle {more prayers ... more starting/stopping} I'm finally posting! I just updated my "About" section {which I will probably rewrite over time} and in that section I explain my reasons for creating this BLOG. Truly it's a work only God could do {and full of miracles!}

My journey into this brave new world actually began about two years ago when one of my cousin's posted a BLOG giveaway on her FaceBook page. The items were beautiful and I was intrigued what store was offering such a beautiful arrangement for free.

I clicked through her link and like Alice through the Looking Glass I was transported to the beautiful world of Emily Jones

I fell in love with her beauty, her creativity and how open and honest she was. Even though she lives {very}far from me, she felt as close as my closest friend. And, the art prints she created resonated with me. I bought {literally} every print she offered and signed up for all her giveaways, Jones Design Monthly ... every day I looked forward to {and still look forward to} receiving her daily email.

During this time the Lord started to stir in me something I never thought I'd be {crafty <--- something I  used to say I had a Dr.'s note for} Through Emily's BLOG, I saw how Scripture could come alive visually and God began speaking to me, not only through her creativity, but also giving ME visions and inspiration. {This alone is a miracle because I took one design class in Journalism school and barely made it out with a B and all my hair intact}

I began to read the Bible with new eyes and the Lord started to raise up scriptures and passages that He desired for me to create {some for our home, others for friends, special occasions, etc.}.

This time last year God started to move me toward blogging and laying on my heart HIS vision for what this could be. For a long time I was floating the name "This Rebel Heart" {which I STILL love} because I feel it best expresses my walk as a Christian. I AM that verse from Romans about what I want to do I don't, and want I don't want to do {I totally do}.

I am A Glorious Mess {aren't we all?} The truth is YOU are amazing {and I am amazing .... } we're just not amazing every second of every day. The wonder of you is amazing, but many days that wonder and beauty is buried beneath the rubble of life. Yet, in the midst of our mess, God has a heart for us {He seriously digs each and every one of us and loves us with ALL that He is.} He never leaves us {even when we're being self-centered.} He understands we're mere dust and clay, prone to exhaustion and despair. All that we are is no surprise to Him and with all truth I want you to know: You Are Loved.

That's my prayer for this BLOG. Be encouraged {one rebel to another} that this life has meaning. And God is still at work in our daily lives. I have so many stories to share {the first being how I got here!}

After two years of growing and one year of praying, Emily, the one through whom God started this work in me, offered a free BLOG setup one day at the end of her post. She and  her husband have created a series of {amazing!} videos that take you through every step of how to create a BLOG and I was one of 10 winners to have my BLOG setup by her and her husband!

For the past three months I've been studying the video's and trying my hand at posting and creating items for this site {which is still a work in progress ...} And for awhile I was paralyzed in fear and did the very thing they say not to do {fail to start!}

So this is me, stepping out in faith and {finally} starting! Who knows where this journey will lead {I only pray I'm faithful to the one who's been so faithful to me} and that I will have the same honesty, beauty and grace Emily embodies and exemplifies.

Comments

  1. You are a gifted artist and a wonderful writer! {even crafty!} Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Home, His Glory

Never Undone