All shall be well


I love coming home {in fact, the older I get, the more I desire to be at home above all places.} Surrounded by my family and the years of memories the walls of our home hold inside, home is where I exhale. At home there's room for my soul; I can breathe again; rest. At home, all is well {and my heart tells me "all will be well." In the book, Captivating, there's a quote by Julian of Norwich that concludes: "And all manner of things will be well." That is what beauty says: All shall be well.

While our home might not always be Pinterest-worthy, I do strive to keep my home as a reflection of God and His Word! I have a bit of scripture in each room of our home {yes, even in the bathroom}, mingled with photographs, pictures the boys have painted, mementos from travels, birthdays, holidays. These items of beauty reflect {and remind me of} God's beauty and creativity.

I want each room in our home to proclaim God's goodness and His truth. I desire our home to be a safe refuge, for our boys, ourselves {and all who may enter our home.} In fact, I consider it my greatest success when a new friend or acquaintance comes over and immediately puts their feet up on the ottoman and snuggles into one of our big red couches. At some point they sit upright and exclaim, "Sorry! I didn't mean to make myself at home. I just felt so cozy" <--- which is all part of my master plan; how I've purposely designed our home. I always said I wanted a house that gives hugs, and I think our house does just that!

Home is a thing of beauty, but stuff is just stuff. It's the relationships in our home that are the true thing of beauty. Our children are hilarious, fun, amazing {and wonderfully delicious} <--- {do you watch the show The Goldberg's? The Mom in the Halloween episode became my hero when she declared at a Halloween party {in front of all her teenage kids friends} "I just want everyone to know how delicious you are!"} Elijah & Noah said I'm not allowed to watch that show anymore because I'm "getting ideas."}

The truth is, they ARE wonderfully delicious and like Max in Where the Wild Things Are, I'll eat them up, I love them so! I have loved and cherished each stage of their life and cherish the relationship we have as a family {and individually}.

I'm grateful for our little {huggable} home, because "Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." Oliver Wendell Holmes

What about you, what's your favorite part of being home? Leave me a FB or blog comment, I {♥} connecting with you!

All my {♥} Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Home, His Glory

Let Love Guide {the beginning}

Never Undone