Love Feels No Burden

On July 1 of this year, I was blessed to post the following on my Facebook page. It was a celebration of my anniversary.

"Four years ago I became cancer-free {yesterday was my hysterversary}. While I'm blessed by this milestone, I'm more blessed by my friends & family {and especially my hubby}.

Our wedding program {which we designed and printed ourselves the night before our wedding} had a quote on the back that beautifully sums the love I have for Scott {he is amazingly strong in every way and I love him with all that I am}

"Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse of impossibility ... It is therefore able to undertake all things and warrants them to take effect, where he who does not love would faint and lie down. Love is watchful and sleeping, slumbereth not. Though weary, it is not tired; though pressed, it is not straitened; though alarmed, it is not confounded."

On Sunday, October 6, Scott & I celebrated 11 years of marriage. While the day was hectic, I was able to reflect on the blessing of my Scott {and how grateful I am to be in a solid, Christian marriage}!

Scott was the man God {and my Mother} chose for me {to read more click here ... sorry it's pretty much the longest post ever ...}.

The day we married was so beautiful {and holy}. I was a weeping bride, crying tears of joy from the moment our hands clasped at the altar until we were pronounced man & wife. It wasn't just Scott & I at the altar, God was there with us {He was before us, there with us & still with us}.

There was no way to know what life held in store for us, but I'm so thankful when life pressed in on us {and it has PRESSED!}, we leaned into each other, rather than away. I'm thankful for the gift of FAITH, which has strengthened & sustained us. And, I'm thankful for some TRULY AMAZING friends {and our family}, who have rallied around us & supported us through prayers, quality time, meals & laughter {LOTS OF LAUGHTER!}

In eleven years we welcomed the birth of our son, Elijah {that's a BLOG Post all by itself - possibly a book with movie-rights}; endured two surgeries for my ovarian cancer {and the FUN that comes with going into instant menopause at 35} <--- just add water; served on three mission trips to Kenya; journeyed with our boys as they each had surgery on their legs & feet to increase their mobility; changed jobs; supported family members as they battled their own physical trials {some who were healed; others who passed on}; faced some difficult finances ...

All these {and much more ...} are A LOT to cram into 11 short years. And yet, I can honestly say Scott & I are stronger for these trials. We are more committed, more in-tune & more in love with one another.

And we are deeper in love with our God than we could ever imagine. Only God could write a story this BIG.

God knew what he was doing when he made Scott for me {and I for him}. He is the strongest man I have ever met. There's NOTHING he wouldn't do for his family & friends. He works tirelessly, never thinking of himself. He never stops giving. Never stops serving. Never stops loving. He is loyal to the end {and I am honored to be his wife} <--- {even writing these words I'm crying}

This quote is just as true today {even more so} as it was on October 6, 2002. {I pray each of you knows a love this strong!}

"Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse of impossibility ... It is therefore able to undertake all things and warrants them to take effect, where he who does not love would faint and lie down. Love is watchful and sleeping, slumbereth not. Though weary, it is not tired; though pressed, it is not straitened; though alarmed, it is not confounded."

All my love,
Amy {♥}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Home, His Glory

Let Love Guide {the beginning}

Never Undone