Happy Columbus Day!

Happy Columbus Day! Reminds me of the childhood poem we learned in school:

"In fourteen hundred ninety-two, Columbus sailed the ocean blue."

Today has been a day of work, errands, rest {and play!} Enjoying a sweet day with the boys and thankful for:

  1. being the LAST car to get breakfast biscuits at the drive-in this morning {the man at the restaurant was literally pushing the button to convert the order menu from breakfast-lunch}

  2. seeing my sweet friend, Sarah, who's getting married this Saturday. I am honored & privileged to sing at her wedding!

  3. getting to talk with my Mom & Dad this morning. Even though they live in TN, we talk frequently & I'm thankful for their love {and advice}. Blessed to have two parents who are still in love after 44 years of marriage!

  4. a sweet time of prayer this morning. Woke up early to pray for a friend who had a procedure this morning. Praise Report {all is well!}

  5. laughter ... the boys inherited my wicked sense of humor & we can crack-up at literally ANYTHING!
Here's two pictures from our day {both featuring my E}

Ever read this post from Jen Hatmaker about whether your family is sweet or spicy? Elijah is DEFINITELY SPICY! I've always said Noah is the sugar & Elijah is the spice in our family ... as evidenced in these two pictures.




{exhibit a} elijah ran & jumped in the car yelling, "I'm the driver now ..." with the doors locked, while laughing maniacally



{exhibit b} unwilling to share his popcorn, elijah retreated to the table FARTHEST from myself & noah {love this kid!} ♥

What about you? How are YOU spending Columbus day?

all my love ♥ amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Home, His Glory

Let Love Guide {the beginning}

Never Undone