. . . But God

We've been having lots of life at the Hoyle home - but God is faithful. In my quiet time the past few months, I feel I've read the statement, but God, so many times. I know it's God's sweet way of reminding me He is always in our midst. He goes before and I'm so grateful. We are often surprised by life, but God never is.

I was in Tennessee last week with my family. My mom's cancer has returned and she had a bilateral mastectomy on Wednesday, November 13 (her birthday). She's doing so well and I'm amazed and moved by her strength. The doctors said the cancer was minimally invasive, but we all felt very strongly she should have the bilateral mastectomy since this is a recurrence. And we praise God for that Holy-Spirit-urgency. At her follow-up with her surgeon, we were surprised to learn her breast had VERY INVASIVE cancer that didn’t show on the mammogram . . . BUT GOD ordered our steps and mama got the surgery He knew she would need.

Two weeks ago my car died on I-85 . . . BUT GOD provided funding through loving friends and family to help us purchase a new-to-us car.

Our home has multiple water leaks and all the pipes needed to be rerouted into the attic . . . BUT GOD again provided the deductible in full because of a dear, sweet sister in Christ whose heart was prompted to help us.

Our dog, Dolly Jude, headbutted me in the nose and broke it (in her defense, I was trying Buddy the Elf her with a hug, which she still does not love)

There's other small irritants that also have BUT GOD moments. Throughout everything I have experienced such a peace and that peace is because of Jesus. Love this principle from BSF last week.

Trials are just for a little while, but heaven is FOREVER. We should start being surprised by the EASE of life, rather than being surprised when we go through difficulty. Trials prove the genuineness of your faith and purify your faith. We grow through hard things. Pain loosens our grip on this world and forces our roots into God and His strength. Even weak steps of faith are genuine faith.

God is at work. He sees you. He loves you.

Psalm 73:26 - My flesh and my heart may fail but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever 💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Home, His Glory

Let Love Guide {the beginning}

Never Undone