A Few of My Favorite Things

When I was little I always dreamed of having a house with a different color in every room. So, when Scott & I bought this house, the first thing we did was paint the living/”dining room” <— this is our office/music room {although I am eating Captain Crunch Berries in here, so I guess it’s also the dining room}

We painted the top part of the wall in both rooms {and down the hall} a cute yellow color called Lemon Sorbet & below the white chair rail we painted a dark chocolate called Chocolate Sparkle {I guess we were hungry when we picked out the colors}. Actually, we had a five-year-old & I was WAY pregnant when we chose these colors & painted. {TRUTH: Scott pulled an all-nighter & painted all the rooms {and this is why we still have these colors to this day}. It was just him, Red Bull, Radiohead & paint ♥ bless him! ♥  The dark color on the lower walls has been great to hide little handprints.

We’ve lived in our home for 12 years but just completed this wall a few months ago & I’m VERY excited with the finished product! It’s a mixture of my art prints, an item we picked up on our mission trips to Kenya & other pieces I’ve collected along the way.

My Favorite Things: {the wall in our office} ♥

1. I found this cute frame at Pier 1 Imports. I only allow myself to go in this store once a year because when I do need a wheelbarrow & all hands on deck to help me with my haul! The print in the frame is a quote I received in my daily devotional email a year ago & I love it {SO MUCH!!!}
{click link at bottom of this post & “like” my FB page to download this print for yourself}
2. I got this “Be Thankful” print from Jones Design Company. I adore this blog in every way. Her kindness, beauty, generosity, creativity. ♥


3. This was a print I created for Christmas 2012 as presents for my co-workers, friends & family. I was playing around with chalk backgrounds & was really pleased with how it turned out. We hung it up on this wall as a reminder of who God is {and it’s really appropriate for the current Bible study I’m in right now.} We’re studying Matthew & just celebrated Christmas {well, the Christmas story} Tuesday night in class. ♥ Also, side note, our Bible study leader reminded us on Tuesday it was 100 days until Christmas {although it’s even less now … excuse me while I go breathe into a paper bag.}


4. This is a print by Urban Soul. If I could own one of everything this company creates I would. So simple {and yet SO CUTE!!!} I love the story of Ruth & her faithfulness to her Mother-In-Law {who was NOT the easiest woman to love}. She was such a faithful daughter-in-law & woman of God {and Boaz fell in love with her beauty, kindness & heart}.  Definitely one of my role models ♥


5. We bought this elephant in the marketplace of Kenya last year while serving on a team. Scott & I have been blessed to serve in Kenya on short-term mission trips the past three years. We work with The Kenya Project, an organization near & dear to my heart. The Kenya Project helped build a lower & upper school in Nakuru, Kenya so children of all ages could receive an education. It all began with a vision from Mama Robi {click here to read her amazing story}. God took her heart & vision & grew it in ways she never could have imagined.
The distance from us to our children in Kenya really makes me wish quantam teleportation was a real thing {& not just for James T. Kirk & Spock}.
{Our Kenyan children live in our ♥’s & we love them as our own}


6. I bought this cross from one of the million Southern Living at Home Parties I attended {seriously, I CANNOT say “no” to home party invites} Go ahead, invite me {I will come & order … it’s like if you give a mouse a cookie …} I love how rustic & swirly this piece is. ♥


7. I bought this canvas to give as a Christmas present last year {and then just gave it to myself … } I love the message {and it’s a sweet reminder to read everyday}. I set a goal in our home to have scripture in every room in the house so it’s always in our view {and hopefully goes into our ♥’s}. Two years ago our oldest son had an intense series of leg surgeries. Going into the second surgery he was anxious & we gave lots of extra hugs & prayers. Later, he shared with me after they wheeled him away from us his mind was racing, then a verse from a print in our master bedroom {which sits across from his room} popped into his head and he prayed on it.
Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God.” Such sweet confirmation Scripture really DOES come to comfort us when we need it most ♥


8. This HOME print is actually my version of another print {that I could NOT afford}. I wish I could find the original  {it’s important for me to give credit where credit’s due} Sorry! Anyway, it was a darling customizable print {but it was $100’s of $$$}. I recreated the print, added the famous “There’s No Place Like Home” tag and our family established date & {voila!} ♥

So that’s it, a few of my favorite things. What’s some of yours? {Anyone else have Julie Andrews stuck in your head right now?} ♫ ♪


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Home, His Glory

Let Love Guide {the beginning}

Never Undone