Peace Be Still

 

Saw my oncology team today and the recommendation is chemo. I was not prepared for that. During these 11 years, my experience with my oncologists has ALWAYS been, “let’s monitor and see what happens.” However, given my recurrence happened faster, my new team feels it’s critical to do more.
I can truly say God has gone before. I A D O R E and T R U S T the Emory team of doctors and nurses. They have examined my tumor profile, consulted with the tumor board, and consulted with me. I feel heard and so very cared for.
Chemo will start in January. It’s six rounds of Carbo-Taxol. I can do my infusions locally and go to Emory St. Joseph’s for labs and to see my team. And of course, being a Southerner, I’ve already made a plan for my hair loss (buzz cut January 12) and already have a RX for a wig. To quote Dolly Parton from Steele Magnolias, “There’s no such thing as natural beauty.”
I truly felt the presence and love of God in the room and the kindness and love of my team and I am so grateful. To God be ALL the glory. Amen and amen 💕
When I got in the car this song was playing - I’ll Be Okay, by Lydia Laird and the lyrics are so a Y E S for my soul (https://youtu.be/nnnTluqZHko)
Give me peace when I am tossed and frightened, lost among the waves. Give me hope when my doubt and fears are clouding up my faith. Would You come and move the mountains, ‘cause I'm too weak to climb. Promise that You're with me in this fight.
I can hear the thunder, but I'm okay, ‘cause You're with me. I know You will cover me, I'll be safe, ‘cause You're with me, I'll be okay.
Tragedy could hold the sharpest blade against my skin, threatening to open all the wounds I’ve tried to mend. Would You come and be the healer that I know I've seen before. You've promised me that I can be restored.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Home, His Glory

Let Love Guide {the beginning}

Never Undone