Love Feels No Burden

 

Thank you - everyone - for all the sweet birthday wishes. God has truly given me more than I could hope or imagine! To Him goes all glory, honor, and praise!
Yesterday I got fancy to FaceTime my parents. But after the call my body was like, “no thank you!” So it was back in jammies, back to bed (with a Zofran chaser) 💊🤢
Among my greatest blessings is my amazing husband, Scott. Fairy tales are great, but a real love that selflessly serves and loves in sickness and in health is a new level of swoon-worthy.
I always joke Scott got a wife with no warranty. I was, of course, already disabled when we married 18 years ago and two years ago moved full-time into a wheelchair.
Seven years in I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and went through two surgeries, one of which was a radical hysterectomy, putting me into instant menopause. What followed was a deep two year depression. I was functioning so the outside world might not know, but Scott witnessed the deep and crushing lows and loved me through - patient and quiet, so strong in his fierce love.
Throughout all the highs and lows - medically, emotionally, financially, Scott has been my truest friend, support, advocate, and strength. He has loved me truly and deeply, and I fall more in love with him daily. When life presses in, our love and bond press closer and deeper.
Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse of impossibility … It is therefore able to undertake all things and warrants them to take effect, where he who does not love would faint and lie down. Love is watchful and sleeping, slumbereth not. Though weary, it is not tired; though pressed, it is not straitened; though alarmed, it is not confounded.
Together, we suffer, wait, and HOPE. Honored and proud to be Mrs. Scott Kevin Hoyle 💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Home, His Glory

Let Love Guide {the beginning}

Never Undone